Thursday, February 27, 2014

Forgetting Jesus

"For I am not ashamed of the Gospel. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile."
Romans 1:16 (NLT)
 
There are some things that we need to hear over and over again. Things that we need to be reminded of on a daily basis. One thing I've heard again and again is this, "Keep the main thing the main thing."
 
Friends, I'd like to remind you that the main thing is the Gospel of Jesus. I need to be reminded of this. Our lives are cluttered. It is easy to be distracted. It is easy to become complacent. What would happen if we remembered God's goodness and the price that Jesus paid for us in every moment? Trial and triumph?
 
The Gospel is this: We are all sinners and we ought to face God's wrath. But, God doesn't want that. For some reason a faultless, holy, just God wants a relationship with bad and corrupt people. He wants that so much that instead of punishing us, He punished His innocent Son Jesus in our place. Through Jesus we can be forgiven and be made right with God. Jesus calls sinners to Himself and makes them new creations. This is the Gospel.

 
 
Is that sweet to you? Is it more than just church talk? Does hearing what Jesus has done still stir your heart for God?
 
I'm finding more and more that it is when I forget this good news, or when it grows old to me, that is when I struggle to love God and others like I should. When I say and do things that I regret is usually when I forget how high a price Jesus paid for me. When I give into temptation is usually when I forget to keep the main thing the main thing.
 
So I urge you, keep the main thing the main thing. Remember today that in Christ you are loved and adored. Remember that someone died for you despite you. That even though we were rebels against God, Jesus gave His life so that we could become friends of God. 
 
One last thing: 
If you have never made the main thing the main thing it is still the main thing. Even if we choose to run and rebel, Jesus is still Lord and worthy of our worship. I hope and pray today that you know Jesus and that He is Lord of your life. If not, you will still have to face His wrath. It's a lot better to bow now in victory than later in defeat. Jesus is calling, will you answer?
 
Keep the main thing the main thing. Don't forget Jesus today.
 
All About Jesus.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment