Thursday, April 19, 2012

That Is Enough For Me



  Jesus replied, "Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life."

John 4:13-14(NLT)


Jesus was talking to a thirsty woman. She needed water. But, she was also thirsty for much more. She was thirsty for joy. She was thirsty for a life worth living. She was thirsty was a satisfying relationship. She was thirsty for more than an ordinary drinking well could offer.


Jesus then offered something that would fulfill her need. It would quench her thirst. He called it living water. It would give her true life. What was this living water?

HIMSELF.

We see throughout all of scripture that true life's definition is Jesus. He is referred to as The Bread of Life, and The Resurrection and The Life. We see that this woman sought life in other places than this well. She went from relationship to relationship seeking fulfillment. She knew some about religion, but that also did her no good. The one thing she was lacking was Jesus. That is why we see her broken and thirsty. Jesus is the only one who can fill the gaping hole in our hearts.

I've had a lot, done a lot, and seen a lot. But, none of it even comes close to my Jesus. From popularity and pride to sex and alcohol nothing satisfied me. But, then I met Christ. He washed away my past, and now holds my future. I went from thinking I had friends to having a true friend. I went from empty fellowship to fellowship with the King Himself.

So drink The Living Water, and live for Christ. Sure, people with laugh. Sure, you will be insulted. Yes, your trophies will need to be laid down. All of this has happened and, by God's grace, it will continue to happen. So called "friends" will be lost, jokes will be made, and the road will look lonely. But, it's all worth it. Christ will satisfy.

It may seem like I have lost the world, and indeed I have, but a life spent in The King's courts is good enough for me. My past has been washed away, and my future rests in the hands of The Almighty. That is good enough for me. My thirst has been quenched, and my life has been bought in blood. That is good enough for me. Thankful that Christ is my friend. Fellowship with The King is enough for me.

Are you thirsty? Are you continually searching for satisfaction?
Drink of Christ, and be satisfied. Everything else is worthless.





"ALL ABOUT JESUS!"



I have posted this song before. It is one of my favorites. The fact that Jesus is enough reminded me of it. Let it bless you.


1 comment:

  1. You lost a temporary world, but gained a permanent eternity!

    ReplyDelete