Monday, April 23, 2012

Running to Safety.

"The name of the LORD is a strong fortress;
the godly run to him and are safe."
Proverbs 18:10 (NLT)


This isn't a blog to make you happy. I've never blogged on 13 ways to be prosperous, or six reasons Jesus wants you to be rich.

Life is tough. Turning your life over to Jesus doesn't make every problem or struggle disappear. Anyone who tells you that it will is a liar, and preaches to please man, and not God.

Christianity is not following God so that you can be rich. Following Jesus does not come with being on the mountain top %100 of the time. But, that is the joy of Christianity. It is knowing that when you are in the valley, the One who made that valley is in it with you.

It is a joy to know that, as a believer, we don't walk the road alone. We no longer fight our fights, and we always have a home.

Have you ever been insulted or heart-broken? I have. And, it's awesome to know that when we are in  that situation, we have somewhere to run.

As a kid I would often play at the neighbors house across the road. There were several kids over there so we would all get together and find ways to drive their mom crazy. I remember one time, when I was real young, we got in an argument. It was probably over who was playing with which action figure or something else super important. I got upset, and my feelings were hurt. The big baby I was, I dropped all I had with me and ran home. I felt safe, and it was a getaway from the fight. As believers, we have somewhere to run. Not to our house. Not to our spouse/family members. But, to our daddy in heaven. In His arms, and to His embrace can we run.

What's weighing your heart down? Go to your room, shut the door, and get on your knees. Get away from all distractions, and run to your daddy in prayer. Pour out your heart, confess your sin, and trust that God is in control. Give it all up. Quit fighting. Let Christ fight for you. This requires letting the walls around your heart fall. This means breaking your pride. And, it may include you admitting the wrong you have done. But, it also includes peace. It includes a Light. It includes an escape. It includes a Hope. His name is Jesus.








No comments:

Post a Comment