Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What I'm Reading

Being in The Word of God daily is an essential part in growing in Christ. When approached correctly, not out of duty or obligation, it is an awesome time of fellowship and companionship. It is a time where we read from the very lips of God, and learn so much, as we all need to.

I can tell when I read, and when I don't. The days that I don't read are drastically different from the days that I do.

Do you drink coffee? I do. I love it. I love it, because when I drink it I feel like I fly off a trampoline into my day. When I don't? I'm sluggish. I get tired rolling the sleeves of my shirt up. Reading the Bible daily is like this. But, multiplied by 8765348756238765. Reading the Bible starts your day off with Christ. How could that not effect your day so much more than caffeine?

Dudes, the probability is that you make time for Sportscenter. Girls, you make time for makeup and hair. Which is more important to you, growing in Christ or growing in your knowledge of Cam Newton's passer rating? Do you love yourself (hair and image) or Jesus more? Prioritize. Be faithful to read the Word. It'll change your life.

I'm currently reading Nehemiah. It is changing the way I think. Christ, through His word, is changing my faith. Nehemiah's fear of God is being used to impress on my heart the reality of Christ. Nehemiah's commitment to God's will is challenging me to become a man of promises kept, and not a social prostitute. Faith is not a part of the Christian life. It is the WHOLE thing. Reading the Word is an essential part of our faith. The Word keeps us grounded in our faith, and turns us into people who are faithful.

Read, and grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment