Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Fresh Start

Awesome stuff I heard on my way home last night. I often listen to a local christian radio station, K-Love 94.1. This station isn't the norm. It is focused on doing ministry, and I'm encouraged by it almost every day.
www.klove.com Take a look.

Well, back to my point. Last night they were talking about an event coming up this Sunday morning. It's national "Back to Church Day". I thought it was cheesy at first, but I kept listening. The focus is to get those who have gotten out of the habit back in the habit. There are many who have left church for various reasons, but this could serve as a fresh start, even if local churches don't even recognize this day.

Maybe you've gotten out of the habit. You may be saying, "Well, we're looking for something new", or maybe you were hurt by something and have no intentions on making your return to Christian fellowship. Listen, Christ loves you. Christ wants you to grow in Him. Christ knows that being in fellowship, and coming together with other believers is essential. Let me encourage you to get in a good, bible believing and teaching church. There is no better time than now. Say, "No more excuses, No more procrastination", and get back into the swing of things.



To those who are in church. I also heard a statistic that blew me away! According to a source, 82% of unchurched people would consider coming to church if they were invited. 82%! That's a huge number. All you have to do is invite. Be who Christ has called us to be. Tell others about Christ, and try to get them into church. Though an invitation to church is not the Gospel, it is a big part of individual growth and discipleship. Get out of your comfort zone, and penny loafers. Put on your gloves and work boots. Get to it, Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment