Friday, February 11, 2011

You're Beautiful

It's the first date. You're nervous. Your stomach is full of butterflies. Your palms are sweating ferociously, and you probably used too much cologne.

You want to be impressive, because you are impressed. Why? She's beautiful.

How do we feel about the Lord?


I was recently convicted on the way I approach daily devotions and worship. I'm lazy when it comes to these things. I don't act the least bit impressed with Jesus. My stomach doesn't turn, and His breath no longer causes my hands to sweat.

So, how should we approach these things?

Like we are in love.

As the Bride of Christ, we are to live and worship with all passion and faithfulness driven by a deep love for our King.

Are you impressed?

If so, you will approach every devotional with intensity. If so, you will approach every chance to worship like you are going to meet the love of your life.

We are not to "casually" worship. But, God calls us something way more intense. He calls us to be in love with Him, which is not a casual, or less-than exciting.

Are you impressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment