Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What I'm Gonna Do When I Grow Up

When I was a kid, believe it or not, I wanted to be an artist. That's right, an artist. I loved to draw. One my favorite movies ever, even now, is the Lion King. When I was a kid I would spend all day drawing lions. Looking back my lion looked like a moose, but I had my mind set on being an artist. But, as you can see, my dreams changed.
Enhanced by Zemanta
Plans change with time. We grow, and we take steps back. One day we want to be an astronaut and one day we want be the next Brett Favre. One day we want to get the job, and the next we're looking for a new one. Oh, one day we are sold out to serving Christ, and the next we allow our plans get in the way.

We must remember, as believers, we live according to the Lordship of Christ. We must keep in mind that Christ has a plan for us, and it is better than any dream that we could ever dream up.

This gets tough. But, from the very beginning of our Christian walk we are made into a new creation. This new creation is one with a new mind, a new heart, and a new life with new plans. All of those new things are made new not only to clean our slate, but to focus us fully on Christ. We are made new so that we can be who Christ wants us to be, and so that we may live the life that He has called us to live.

Sometimes we look at this and we get discouraged, but it should give us great joy. Living for the plans of Christ, we cannot fail. He will not let us fail. Living for Christ, we do not have to meet the expectations of others. But, God's expectations are being met by what Christ is doing through you.

Here are some verses to help remind you that Jesus and His plans for your life are superior to any fantasy.


Jeremiah 29:11

"11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Romans 12:1-2
"1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

Psalm 32:8
 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.”

Psalm 118:8
 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”

Proverbs 3:5-6
 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path.”

Psalm 121:3
 “He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.”
1 Corinthians6: 19-20


1 Corinthians 6:19-20
“19 Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,20 for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.”

Proverbs 16:9
“A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”

Matthew 6:33
 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment