Thursday, October 6, 2011

Shoes to Fill...

This week has been a good week. Jesus keeps on blessing. I've needed some new shoes for a while. This week Christ blessed with not only one new pair, but two. As I was looking in the store, I was having a little trouble finding my size. My feet are not huge. So I tried on several pairs that didnt fit just right. My heel would slide when I stepped, my toe would bend at the end, or the shoe was just plain uncomfortable. But, when I found the right shoe with the right fit, I knew it. There was no need for me to look at any other shoe similar to it. No need to consult an employee there at the store. When it fits, it fits.


Sometimes life is like this. I know sometimes I feel like I just haven't found my place. From time to time I will get the feeling that my life and I just don't fit.

What do you do when the shoe doesn't fit? You don't quit. You pick up another shoe, knowing that you will eventually find your size. In life we have to keep trying. We have to keep searching. We have to know that Christ has a plan for us, and that He will help us find it, to live it.

This can get dangerous. Sometimes we get fustrated and look elsewhere. We forget the best source, and settle for something that seems to work temporarily. But, when we do that with shoes we end up with blisters and ugly toes. That's gross. Don't settle for a plan that doesn't fit. God's is the only plan that will. Don't settle for something that seems alright now, but will leave you sore after walking in it a few days. Don't get frustrated with your faith, and settle for living in doubt of the fact that God loves you. Don't change stores by buying crap like alcohol, sex, and pride from the world. That things are not in your best interest. And, your best interest is in God's plan.

Know that God chose you. He chose you for a purpose. He chose you for a life. He chose to have His Son crucified so that you could live that life. Don't settle. Find the shoe that fits and wear the bottoms out.

No comments:

Post a Comment