Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection: The art of making life new.

CAMBRIDGE, ENGLAND - APRIL 19:  Artist Tom de ...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
An artist. He moves his instrument across the canvas. Whether he sketches a waterfall or sends a vibration through the air to be called a note, he aims to please.

On the cross, Christ aimed to please. He aimed to paint a portrait. He aimed to play a melody. His aim was to make up for our catastrophe. He came to paint a perfect life. His feet the the brush, and His breath the beat, he illustrated the life that we could not meet, but had to.

His aim was to please, but not to please me. Though I was a member of the audience, His eyes gazed upward. I am pleased with biggie fries and a coke, so while I was 'still a sinner' I wouldn't know what do with an all-sufficient savior. The Father. That's who The Christ sought to impress, and to please to the highest degree, because we had not.

We had colored way outside the lines and not as cute little children. This map, this book would change eternity, and we missed it. We scribbled furiously, refusing guidance. Disregarding boundaries, and making a mockery of everything with beauty.

But, then came the new image. Though we were a disgrace, the Artist showed grace as He signed His name at the bottom of our page. Our mistake, He took the blame, and hung it in a crooked frame.

The Artist couldn't stop with this mediocrity. What artist would? In three days he turned this disgrace into a new face that started with heart. Twisting and turning, mixing and churning, the Artist pumped out a piece titled "The Returning".



I'm thankful for God's grace, today. He has shown me His grace in everyday. I pray that I live like He's alive in me. I could go on and on about the resurrection, but I'm just thankful that He took my place and did what I could never do. We are blessed to get to live in His resurrection with Him. He died, came back, and will never die again. I'm thankful for His portrait of love. He's alive.

It's All About Jesus!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment