Monday, January 10, 2011

Family (Video Blog)

Blood. That's what makes family, family. But, that's not it. A family is not family without love.

In the past I have done a great job of disconnecting myself with my family. We are from Waxhaw, NC. My family is dysfunctional. We are not rich. We all have pasts, and they often smack their food when they chew. Get it?

Today, however, I realized how much I missed all of this. (I really missed being "Mr. Fix-It" with my Grandpa) I realized how selfish I have been, and how big of a blessing they are. Now, they are still weird. They still have issues. But, I'm excited about changing the "they" to "we".

God often blesses us with things that we do not see as blessings. Whether it is a lost job, closed door, or broken relationship, God keeps blessing. I have ignored the blessing of my family. Now, I'm not usually this mushy, but it all hit me at once today. I am happy. But, more importantly, I have a true joy. Not a painted on smile. God has used a snow day to expose one of the biggest blessings in life: Family.


No comments:

Post a Comment