Thursday, October 7, 2010

Jesus...and Coffee.

I recently began teaching a lesson every week to the Trek class in our Awana program. The class is made up of about 30 students and I have a blast with them every week.

The first two weeks we talked about the Bible. But, not only the book. We talked about The Word. That's right. We talked about Jesus. We dove into the fact of the New and Old Testament, both, being all about Jesus. The main point that I attempted to stress was this: It is a privilege to read the book about The Word. It is a privilege to sit and read the Word of God.

I can say that since I began to study this fact, I have never enjoyed reading my Bible more. Every morning, before I go to school, I sit, and I read. Not because I'm good, but because I am unworthy. It is a privilege for sinners like me, and sinners like you, to even grasp a glimpse of The Word.

I also love coffee. But, drinking it while I listen to God speak makes the coffee so much better! I grab my brown sugar oatmeal (yes, oatmeal), my Myrtle Beach, SC coffee cup, and  head off to meet with God.

Since starting this, I can tell a large difference in the way that I communicate with God. He is breaking me of seeing it as a duty and obligation. Everytime I leave my prayer, I want to look up at heaven and say, "It's been a pleasure." Yea, conviction is still there. Yes, God continues to break my heart over my sin. But, through this privilege , He is also mending it.

How do you see God's Word? A gift or a burden? A privilege or an obligation?

Read the word. Find satisfaction in Jesus! Coffee ain't bad either.

Believe Jesus. Love Jesus. Live Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's wonderful visiting your blog and to learn about your love for coffee & Jesus.

    Please stop by for some Coffee with Jesus

    ~NRIGirl

    ReplyDelete