Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring is coming!

     It's that time of year again, when the seasons change and everyone is either super excited for the change or kind of negative about it. Have you ever noticed that? When winter changes over to spring then summer everyone feels differently about it. Some are ready for warmer weather because it means cookouts, pool parties, and no school! While others are dreading the heat because it means getting all sweaty and driving the power bill up with the a/c. Either way everyone handles change differently, no matter if its weather seasons or life seasons.
     As many of you know my husband, Seth and I are about to enter into a new season of our lives together this August. We prayed and asked God where He wanted us and He told us Wake Forest, NC for Seth to complete his degree at South Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary. This means moving about three hours from the home town we have always known. This means moving away from family and friends and our jobs. This means we are going to be broke for the next few years! Needless to say, the current easy-going, got-it-made season of our life is about to change. 
     I believe most people would be freaking out if they were me right now, but God has actually placed the desire in my heart to go to Wake Forest. He has already given me a passion and love for the people we will live beside and the people I will work with. And I haven't even met them yet! I am actually pretty pumped about moving there. But at the same time I already miss my family and friends so much. I know it's going to be hard. Through the wave of emotions, God has given me such a peace about whats to come. I know all this is for His glory and bringing Him glory brings me the most joy.

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. " Ecclesiastes 3:11

     I just want to encourage those of you who are transitioning through seasons of life. Yes it can be scary, but it can also be exciting. Trust God with your life, because before the foundations of the earth were even laid He had YOU in mind. He planned out your life step-by-step and moment-by-moment before anyone else ever thought of you. And Jesus loves you more in a moment than anyone else could in a lifetime. He will bring you through this season, and the next, and the next. Just trust Him.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment