Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lent

John 3:30
"He must become greater; I must become less"

So as we all know tomorrow kicks off the first day of Lent. Lent is a time of fasting and reflection it begins on Ash Wednesday and ends on Easter. For Christians this gives us a time to fast or most of the time give up something that distracts us from God. We all get so busy and invested in life that many things distract us from God, this time period is just a good time to slow down and reflect on just how great God truly is and how much He has blessed us. For me personally this year I'm giving up all social media. I've prayed that God show me what distracts me or consumes most of my time away from Him, and social media was the answer. Use this time to just really reflect on Jesus's life, death, and resurrection, or as a time of thanksgiving. Lent is always  an awesome reminder that Jesus is enough. A lot of Christians challenge themselves during this time as well. So what is distracting you from being All About Jesus?


Joel 2:12-13          
“Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; and rend your hearts and not your garments.” Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love; and he relents over disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment