Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Looking People"

People love to look. Don't tell me that you don't love the sight of beautiful beaches or gorgeous mountainsides. The Lord has blessed us with indescribable scenery so we could be left in awe by his power. Don't try and entertain me with the idea that you've never caught yourself staring at an item in a store that you would just love to walk away with. Oh and please don't lie and say that you have never been taken away by the sight of an amazing sunset.

People look, all of the time. David looked over the roof top, Martin Luther King looked at a world full of hate, and entrepreneurs look at a world full of opportunity. Often I'll run into a "searcher" or what I simply like to call a "Looking Person". The looking people aren't looking for just a beautiful sunset or mountainside but something more. Something else. See these are the people who are looking for something that gives them an identity or that "one" missing part. Rather their on an expedition for hope or love or even help, they are searching.

Guess what. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Surprised? See if people never look, they never find. If I'm not looking for the quarters in the cushions, I may come up a few quarters short. Proverbs says to search for wisdom and to search for understanding. It is an actual biblical principle to search. Searching is not the issue but examine yourself and see what your looking for.

Recently, I have been searching. I decided to take a look at my life and saw myself standing still. I began to look more and more and eventually found myself searching for the call that God has placed on my life and searching for what he is asking for me to do next. I found an answer...

What I am, what you are, and what we as Christians are being called to do is search, not for help not for love, not for grace, and not for a map of our lives to come but search for Christ himself. See if we look into Christ, if we chase after him and him alone, in him we find promise, we find love, we find help, we find him. Because if we seek we will find and if we knock the door will be opened.

You don't need things, you need Christ. Are you waisting your time and looking at anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment