Monday, August 3, 2009

Just One Ring...

Humans have many, many habits and take part in many, many activities, rather good or bad. We seem to do these things to fill the spaces. That's why we hear so many professional athletes say, "All I need is a Championship, just one ring on my finger and my career will be complete". This is also why women say, "All I need is one more cute little thing from here and my shopping will be done for the day". This is why the "attempting to quit smoker" feels the urge while driving, eating, talking, or just simply empty handed. We have or seek these things that seem to make us "whole" but in reality just leave us searching for more. See because the professional athlete gets his ring and says, "Wow, two would be nice". The Woman finds that one cute little thing but shows up the next weekend and basically buys the entire store. What about the smoker? The smoker lights that one cigarette up at the stop light but discovers an hour later while stopped again in their car that the last one simply wasn't enough.

My point is nothing in this world lasts. We get caught up in these absurdities, trying to fill our cups full of anything we can find. We search and look under every rock and between every couch cushion but never find anything but more emptiness. See the athlete ages and can't play, the woman's pocketbook winds up empty and the all the smoker does is create a cloud of cancer. All of these things and everything this world has to offer will run out before the race is over and you be left short of the finish line asking yourself why nothing ever worked. Here is the answer...

Those things are not Jesus. See its very simple. Jesus is enough, and nothing else really matters. We see that Jesus never passes away and can't be defeated by his resurrection from and over death itself.

For so long I tried to fill my life with everything under the the sun. I looked for relationships based on sin and deception, I looked to athletics, I looked to recreational buzzes but all it got me was a broken heart and a false hope. I thought my popularity and social status had supplied me with all I needed but when I took a deep look into my heart all I saw was a deep, empty, and blackened whole. Then I found Jesus and let me tell you, when you let him take over, when you let him come within, and you give him complete lordship over your life, there is no room for anything else. He's so overwhelming that the cup, you were once trying to fill with the world but remained empty, is now overflowing.

I came to understand how and why Paul felt the need to sing praises to the Lord in Jail. Jesus is enough. Stop trying to find fulfillment from the world because all you will find is an eternity full of death and hell. Search for the Lord Jesus Christ, and there you will find everything, an eternity full of life and heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment