Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You're just old...

Life goes by fast. And, by the grace of God, I'm still living it. I've noticed lately that life never stops.

My brother Brandon, 22, graduated from Appalachian St. University on Saturday. I can remember when he beat the tar out me when we were kids. I loved going to his baseball tournaments when he played AAU every summer. I remember his high school graduation, where John Kasay was the speaker. He's a college grad. He's an adult. My brother? Yea, that's crazy.

My brother Trey, 28, gets married in two weeks! The wedding is in my favorite place, Charleston, SC, and I must say that I am pumped. I can't believe that I will soon have a brother that has a wife. That's crazy. He is a grown man. He will go home to her everyday. She will cook, and they will have a new life. Kids come into the realm of reality. I can't believe it.

This fall, I start college. I graduated from High school a semester early and I have been working full time  since February.

My older brothers are grown up, and I'm getting there. Matthew, 8, still has a while, but he is getting closer each day. It won't be long before he has pimples, and wears deodorant. I hope I'm there to help him along, as my older brothers were for me.

My point in all this? I hope that when grow, we are growing closer to Christ. We have no choice in how old we are, or how long we live. But, I pray that as we live, we do so for Christ more and more. As we go to school, get jobs, and get married, we need to do so while living in God's gracious will.

Here is a prayer for your life...

"God, make me and change me into who you saved me to be, so that I can bring glory and honor to your name."

Don't just grow, but grow in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment